History

 

1960
Dipl.-Kaufmann Wolf Wallstabe and Dipl.-Ingenieur Fritz Schneider established Dichtungstechnik oHG in Niederwinkling, Germany. Both already had around 25 years of experience in leading positions of the seals branch – Wolf Wallstabe in the commercial area and Fritz Schneider in development and manufacture.

 

 

1961
One of the very first customers: ZF Passau.

 

 

1962
The first pressing plant was commissioned.

 

 

1963
The company has grown rapidly and counts now more than 100 employees.
The first trainees began their apprenticeships.

 

 

1965
After another two years of rapid growth, 200 people already work at the company.
First immigrant worker came from Portugal.

 

 

1966
Enter of manager Dipl.-Chemiker Dr. Rolf Schneider, nephew of co-founder Fritz Schneider.

 

 

1967
First dispatch hall and wet drum deburring.

 

 

1968
Enter of manager Dipl.-Chemiker Jürgen Wallstabe, son of co-founder Wolf Wallstabe.

 

 

1970
The company was renamed to Dichtungstechnik Wallstabe & Schneider GmbH & Co. KG.

 

 

1973
Conversion from pressing to injection moulding technology took part.

 

 

1974
A new mixing facility was built.

 

 

1977
The company employs more than 300 people.

 

 

1980
A new laboratory was built.
Important customers from the automobile industry were gained.

 

 

1985
Renovation and expansion of the rubber mixing facility –
Kneader with soot silo and automatic weigh-out machine.
The quality assurance department was established.

 

 

1992
Personnel-intensive manufacturing steps were outsourced to partner firms in Czech Republic.

 

 

1994
The quality management system (QM system) was certified according to ISO 9001.

 

 

1997
Modernisation and automation of the storage and shipping logistics.
QM system was certified according to ISO 9000.

 

 

1998
Retirement of Dipl.-Kaufmann Wolf Wallstabe.
Enter of his grandson Dipl.-Kaufmann MBA Christian Wallstabe,
who is appointed managing partner in 1999.

 

 

2000
Environmental management system was certified according to “Ökoprofit”.
Export into 34 countries.

 

 

2001
New state of the art injection moulding hall was built with 1200 square meters of production space.
QM system was certified according to ISO/TS 1694.

 

 

2004
Modernisation of the rubber mixing facility.
New state of the art production hall with a canteen was built.

 

 

2006
Environmental management system was certified according to ISO 14001.

 

 

2007
New additional production hall was built.

 

 

2009
The 300th trainee finishes his apprenticeship at Wallstabe & Schneider.
Awarding of 2009 Training Award by the district of Straubing-Bogen.
Introduction of the occupational health management system.

 

 

2010
The joint venture “Divekar Wallstabe & Schneider” was established in India.
50th company anniversary.

 

 

2012
Inauguration of a new production hall with 3000 square meters in Niederwinkling.

 

 

2013
Opening of the production site in Irapuato, Mexico and start of production.

 

 

2014
Inauguration of the new logistics center in Niederwinkling.

 

 

2016
Enter of the new Managing Director (Technical) Kai Peters.
Inauguration of the new training center.

 

 

 

The founders of the company Wolf Wallstabe and Fritz Schneider
Wolf Wallstabe
Fritz Schneider
Company site in 1965
company site 1965

Employee of the pressing production 1970
pressing production 1970

Female employees of the injection moulding department in 1975
injection moulding department 1975

The company employs 300 people in 1978
company site 1978

Modernisation of the storage and shipping logistics in 1997
shipping department 1997

50th company anniversary
50th company anniversary

Foundation ceremony of "Divekar Wallstabe & Schneider" in India 2010
joint venture India

Opening ceremony of "Wallstabe & Schneider México" in October 2013
plant opening Mexico

New construction of the logistics center in 2014
logistics center

 

New Managing Director (Technical) Kai Peters (right) 2016
Kai Peters (right)